Monday 20 September 2010

Home Schooling...I'm Loving it


Just want to say that home schooling is going great so far alhamdulillaah! I feel that a whole new world of exploring and learning has just opened up for me as well as my children. It's been a few weeks now and I think what works really good for us is that we keep a list of the subjects or lessons on our whiteboard that we have to do each day and when each lesson is completed, A and J tick it off, this really helps us to be organized.


What I love most about home education is that we can all learn and have more time for the things that really matter to us as Muslims like: reading the Qur'aan every day (this is our number one priority), studying Arabic (we are using Rosetta Stone, and again do this every day), Arabic writing practise, Islamic studies (we can do this so much more than before) and really everything seems a lot calmer and so much more nourishing. Alhamdulillaah! I teach the other subjects too like Engish, Maths, Science, ICT and I am planning to do some Geography and History too inshaa'Allaah with an Islamic theme.

I have enrolled my children on The Maths Factor for them to study their timetables, at a one off price of £19.99 each and they can work at their own pace (there's no time limit) they have been doing it daily for a few weeks now and I see them gaining a love for maths now alhamdulillaah.

At the moment we have a free trial for a website that's really nice and is what they use in my children's (ex) school it's called 'Education City' so check it out, it teaches, English, Math, Science, French, Spanish, German and ICT. The free trial is for 10 days and after that you can choose whether to subscribe. However, if any of you do subscribe can you please type this (tell a friend) code: D8483G4E as I may get some extra free subscription with them and you can also pass it on to others to do the same inshaa'Allaah.

We have a very exciting topic in our Science lessons that I will be posting about soon inshaa'Allaah, so stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. I know I made a spelling mistake on the board and my kids corrected it. Mashaa'Allaah. It should read OFF not of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu Alaikum dea sis,

    Masha Allaah May Allaah make it easy for you and guide you throughout your journey of Home schooling and may your kids grow up with the best Tarbiyyah and tasfiyah and follow the path of the Salafus Saalih and may they be a source of khayr for you in this world and well as the Aakhirah!

    Jazzakillaah Khayr for stopping by at my blog! Hope to follow your blog and benefit Insha Allaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatu Dear Ukhti,

    Awwww Ameeeen and for you and yours too Ameeeen. What a lovely dua'. Barak Allaahu feeki, thank you so much for your kind words.

    Insha'Allaah we benefit from each other. take care Dear (((Hugs n Love))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

    Ameen to sis Umm Maimoonah's beautiful dua'. Alhamdulillah that Allah has opened this way for you. May He make this path easy and accept from you your efforts and your work.

    I look foward to reading your blog and masha'Allah, it looks great by the way! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatu Ukhti Umm An-Nu'man,

    Ameeen to your thoughtful dua'. Thank you so much, it's really encouraging to hear them.

    I am so blessed to know you both,alhamdulillaah.

    Barak Allaahu feekum

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalaamu Alaikum,

    I am so blessed to know you too sis, Alhamdulillaah!

    I have enabled the follow up comments feature on my blog hope this helps. Please do email me on binthun@yahoo.com so that I can have your email address and we could still keep in touch Insha Allaah!

    ReplyDelete